Thursday, April 14, 2011

April Showers

I am not the biggest writer. I often lack inspiration and time. But the other day a remarkable thing happened. I looked outside and it was not raining, the temperature had risen to around 42 degrees and the ever present 25 mph wind had ceased. I needed no more prodding I put on my running shoes, threw Aspen in the stroller and headed out. Passing cars in our neighborhood probably thought I was insane. I had my sweats on with my beanie and sunglasses with a perma grin on my face. I could not stop smiling. I love the smell of wet dirt, gravel and weeds (which our neighborhood is full of). As I took Aspen around we were able to see 3 horses, two dogs and a bunch of chickens. It filled all my senses with the coming of Spring.
I was sad to head back home to face my day. But I am glad for that walk, it has uplifted my whole week. I have not been able to take Aspen out for a walk in over 6 months and it has been killing me. There is something great about the outdoors that I love. The next day of course it snowed and I have yet to be out again. But I have found my inspiration, my running shoes are by the door and every morning I check outside to see if maybe the weather will cooperate with me. Thank you Sunshine for giving me one day in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment