Sunday, January 15, 2012

Aspens Cake

























I AM NOT A BAKER! I love to cook but I usually do not bake. Anyhow I did really want to make Aspen a FUN Birthday cake. She LOVES My Little Pony. So I wanted to bake her a Pony cake.

This is what I attempted.... The inside a rainbow cake: green, purple and pink for my little pony of course! The frosting: this AMAZING recipe my mother-in-law had, it tasted just like marshmallow creme, YUM!

I covered the outside in purple fondant and piped some fun stuff on the sides ( I am not an artist).

My favorite part, the my little pony train we found to go on top. As I brought the cake into her, the candles were lit AND the train was going on the top. She loved it and even though I could tell you all the mistakes I made on the cake, Aspen didn't care and boy did it taste good!!

I need to send a big shout out to my husband because He made the fondant. I was so tired by the time I was making it he just took over and good thing because even with all those muscles he has, it still took about an hour to roll it out paper thin. Fondant is some tough stuff!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow . . . what an amazing cake! What do you mean you're not an artist! How fun! My birthday is in October! Aspen is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete